Saturday, July 4, 2009

human instinct

As I was leaving Safeway supermarket thinking about how hungry I was, the most appetizing smell made its way from the plate of an unsuspecting lady all the way to my nose. It was at that moment, a few thoughts sprouted in my mind and made me forget all about my hunger.
Isn't it interesting that after millions of years of evolution, humans are still no different to the lion and gazelle in the wild. As much as we can try to deny it, we are animals, with animal instincts. I was hungry and so naturally I was able to smell out the nearest food, lucky I'm not really a lion or I might have pounced ;) .

Then there's the fact that many of us seem to be unable to commit to one life long partner. Sure, penguins stick with one soul mate, but suppose we're like a lion, whose natural instinct is to mate with as many females as possible to make sure his genetic line keeps going. What say you?

I found a piece of artwork by the user "taw" on deviant art that pretty much sums up what I'm trying to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment