Monday, July 20, 2009

curse of the romantics

I'm a romantic. This comes with advantages and disadvantages, with the disadvantages pretty unfortunate. If you're a romantic like me then you know that we like to look at relationships through rose coloured glass. Crushes seem all the more exciting to us because we imagine men like Romeo are going to sweep us off our feet, romance us with love letters, flowers and dedicate every moment to stolen glances and whispers of sweet nothings. The reality is that men are not like those in books and movies, even though I would like to believe that there is a real Edward Cullen just for me. They arn't perfect and won't always do the right thing on the road to gaining your affections. Deep Sigh. So even though I know what I create in my mind isn't real, I'll take it over dull reality any day. He is so much more exciting that way.

xoxo Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment