Friday, July 24, 2009

back to the future

Watching cartoons as kids, we were brainwashed by television, to think about hover cars, talking robots and teleportation booths as the things we would find if we were to travel to..lets say, the year 3000. As a child I grew up wishing I was born in another lifetime, so that I could be one of those lucky people alive in the future. Ironicly, if things keep going in the direction they are headed now, the world in the year 3000 will be the complete opposite to "The Jetsons" and "Futurama", if it still exists.

We are obviously slowly running out of fuel, apparently it will be all gone by 2050. So how are we going to fuel those hover cars? And Global warming. You've heard the speech. Then there's the next problem, the world is in a financial crisis, funding for projects is going to decrease...who is going to fund the out there inventions like teleporting devices? Now..to the point. The point..? Well, I suppose my point is that if you want the world to end up as awesome as "The Jetsons" have got it, use less power, save water, walk to work and spend more money. Unless you're the selfish type and don't care since you won't live long enough to see it. Either way, you can always dream :P An odd topic to rant on about..I was inspired by my childhood.

Under a starless sky,

xoxo Kay

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou, I appreciate your kind comment :)
    I noticed your blog address on facebook and felt obliged to look at what you took time to write, I liked what I saw. :)

    ReplyDelete