Saturday, September 5, 2009

Coraline


I was a little sceptical when buying tickets for Coraline at the movies yesterday, it look okay, but I'd had enough of kids movies to last me a lifetime. Then the ticket lady told us our tickets were 20 dollars each rather than the usual 14.50.  She assured us this was normal for 3D movies. Nevertheless, I was excited to see the movie, as I am whenever I go to the cinema.

Now that I'm on the other end of the movie, I can say that it's another piece of genius from the mind of Tim Burton. It's quirky, kooky, weird and wonderful. It's not at all a kids movie, in fact if I was a 10 year old and went to see it, I would most likely have nightmares that night. The 3D gives it a special touch, but even without it, it would be excellent. Coraline is pretty short, just under two hours but well worth the money we payed for it. Although I felt like I made great use of that 20 dollar note, as we exited the theatre I chose to deposit my plastic 3D glasses in my handbag, rather than in their glasses recycle box. Later on as a trophy I wore them around JB Hi-Fi while I searched through cds and dvds, and felt cool.

Rating: ****

xoxo Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment