Sunday, October 18, 2009

tis' not the season

What really gets my blood boiling is when those darn shopping centre's take it upon themselves to start the christmas season come October. I mean, I just wish I could give these people a slap on the head. Why do they feel the need to put up christmas trees, decorations, chocolates and all kinds of christmas food three months in advance? It just doesn't compute! When December finally does come along, I don't feel the spirit anymore. What "the man" is doing, is they're stealing christmas, by making us overdose on it.
And another thing, I totally respect the cultures and religions of Australia, after all we are a multi cultural society. But I won't stand for any culture telling me that I can't have a statue of the nativity scene or a simple christmas tree in my local shopping centre (when the season actually rolls around of course). I'm not forcing you to celebrate my holiday, so don't take it away from me.

Thanks for reading, I needed to get that off my chest.

xoxo Kay

1 comment:

  1. I will also slap the man in the head with you, or maybe you can slap him and I'll punch him.

    Stupid shopping centers and their greed to sell deco before it's actually time. I am particularity referring to Big W.

    ReplyDelete