Friday, May 7, 2010

when your heart begins to fall apart

In your youth, you feel like you're invincible. I should know, I'm eighteen. Everything seems to hand itself to you, because life seems a highway. You go in one direction, and you have the option of exiting whenever you make a decision. So I've always been headed from primary school to high school. From high school to University. My life was already chosen somehow. And things were simple, because everyone knew that's just the thing to do with your life. But deep down, I always knew things couldn't stay perfect and unchanging forever. I just wished I could pretend it would. I can see that change is important, for us to grow emotionally as people. But I have to question why in this way. The plan never included losing pieces of myself along the way. Because that's what this person is to me. A piece of my heart. And my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment