Monday, May 31, 2010

walls closing in. no door. no window.

I know I told you all I was finally happy with where I am in my life. And I wasn't lying, life seemed pretty sweet. But to be honest, it wasn't until someone questioned my satisfaction, that I realised it wasn't true. I live in Australia. I have friends. I go to a great University. I'm studying what I love. But I'm not happy. I hate living in Australia. That's the truth. I don't feel like I belong here anymore. The way people behave, dress, eat and love just doesn't connect to the way I feel. I must sound like a snob. I know I'm lucky to live in a country that allows me to live a comfortable life; but let's be honest, the world is getting worse by the year, and Australia is not immune. In fact, I fear it may be the first to go. I don't want to be here. I feel like a bird with it's wings clipped. I'm not the sort of person that will settle for this life. Usually I believe in a "good enough" attitude, but when it comes to the rest of my life, I want something bigger. Or just better. But I don't know what to do about it. And when. The person I am inside is dying under the Australian sun, I can feel the real me fading away.


No comments:

Post a Comment