Saturday, March 27, 2010

in the dark

It's currently about 25 minutes into earth hour, and I'm trying to keep myself occupied. I just found out that apparently replacing lights with candles is just as bad, so I'm not capable of doing anything that requires vision. And I had to sacrifice watching Alice on the tv, since it runs through the hour. Never mind, at least I'm doing my bit. As small a bit as that may be. Lucky my laptop is charged, so it doesn't to be connected to any powerpoints.

I hate having to convince people to join in earth hour. Last year I finally convinced my dad into turning his computer off which usually remains on, all the time. I proceeded to relaxing in the dark. After the first half of the hour I realised he was nowhere to be seen. I went bumping around the house, and found his computer ON. I can't even tell you how mad I was. It's not like I'm forcing him to never use electricity, all I asked for is one tiny hour. Nay, the planet asks for one little hour.

My conclusion is that my father is the reason our planet is the way it is. Well, he adds to the big bad that is the reason.


Then I read this comment on twitter that went like "on earth hour I'm going to turn on all the lights, heat my garage and microwave something for an hour". All I can say is: jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment