Tuesday, February 2, 2010

her name is alice


Since watching the Disney movie version of Alice in Wonderland back in my childhood years, I've had this crazy fascination with Alice. I love everything to do with her. I love fashion inspired by the story. I love music inspired by her. Lewis Carroll, or rather Charles Dodgson was a genius and the history behind the writing of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is beyond interesting.

Without going on too much about my obsession, I'd like to mention my disappointment about Tim Burton's version of the book coming out this March. Don't get me wrong I'm still excited as hell to see yet another depiction of the greatest children's book of all time; Although I found out Tim Burton has made Alice into a 19 year old girl, returning to wonderland with no memory of her first visit. A sort of sequel. I'm thinking it's going too far from the real thing. But that's okay, I'll just re read the book again afterward. And it will be like it never happened.
Kay xx

No comments:

Post a Comment