Friday, June 25, 2010

i prefer video

I was thinking about movies that never get released properly; the ones that slip past any hype and silently make their way to dvd. The lost movies. This thought led me to remember some of my favourite movies from my childhood that were fantastic, but if I were to mention them to another person, they probably wouldn't know what I was on about. So to my lost favourite movies, a salute.


Reach For the Sky (1990)

Romanian; I always watched the english subbed version. Not usually a sport movie kind of person but this one really spoke to me way back. I ordered the VHS at the library so many times, I think I was the only one borrowing it.

Hans Christian Andersen (1952)

Probably an odd choice for a seven year old to hold as a favourite; it's a musical biography based on the life of Danish storyteller Hans Christian Andersen.

The Neverending Story III (1994)

I saw this one before the first two, and I fell in love with it. Dad then borrowed the first two, and I couldn't get through 30 minutes of them. But this one is gold. I bought a VHS I finally found at a carnival sale for 50cents; watching it as an adult, I never realised that a young Jack Black made an appearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment