Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I know that I don't know anything.

Do you ever feel superficial? Like you're not being true to yourself? I don't know. Sometimes I feel like I'm not living the way I should be. Like I'm saying or doing things because I think that's what is expected or seems right. To be honest, I don't really even know who the real me is. Where do I begin finding out? If the actions we display shape what we become, does that mean I'm an awful person? I don't always say or think beautiful things, there are bad thought I have that I wouldn't want anyone to hear. Am I the only one? Does a bad thought make me a bad person? Well, I don't think so. But how else can we define the real us? Who am I?

1 comment:

  1. "Who am I?" is a question that I think even adults ask themselves. It's kind of what life is about; trying to find yourself. But I wouldn't know, I'm just as confused as you are! There is a quote from a song that goes:

    "A fish swims through the sea, while the sea is, in a certain sense, contained within the fish".

    I think what it means is that you don't have to be a product of what you are expected to be of. Like no matter what your environment is or what kind of thoughts you have, in the end, you are who you make yourself to be. Just cause the sea around you is bad, you are still just a fish, and a fish alone, not "the fish and the sea", so you can take what you will from your enovironment and incorporate it into yourself, and be what you want to be.

    I have no idea if I am making sense, I'm gonna eat dinner now.

    ReplyDelete